SERGIO SILVA ATTORNEY AT LAW
Av. Paseo de La Reforma 222 – Suite 20FG Cellular 55.4364.5381
Cuauhtémoc, México City 06600 E-Mail
* Bottom-line oriented visionary with solid, cutting edge business and legal experience in several industries.
* Proven networker and business-generator on an international scale.
* International reputation for reliability and exacting attention to follow through.
* Focused presenter, participant and logistical executor who keeps companies and meetings on track, resolves issues, creates and implements action plans.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana Derecho, J.D., 2004
Seminario Teológico Bautista Mexicano, B.S. in Theology, 1998
Escuela Nacional de Música, Mexico City, B.A. in Piano, 1994
Current Member, Bar of Mexico
Passed pre-qualification exams for First Certificate in English, Cambridge University, England
Real Estate Sales licenses in Mexico City and State of Mexico
Founder and Managing Partner, Silva Patent Attorneys, SC, Patent Boutique, Mexico City, October 2003 present
Founder and Managing Partner, Silva Patent Attorneys Global, LLC, Wilmington, Delaware, Representation Desk of the above Mexican firm in the USA, October 2010 present
Associate, Becerril, Coca and Becerril, SC, Attorneys and Engineers, Mexico City, August 2001 – October 2003
Bilingual Collections Executive, Citibank, Nassau Bahamas December 1999 – June 2001
Costumer Service Representative (Telecommunications), AT&T Comunicaciones Digitales, SRL CV, Mexico City 1999
Law Clerk, Vela, Mainfelt y Asociados SC, Mexico City, June 1989 – March. 1990
Patent and Trademark Prosecution and Litigation Expertise
* Assisted as attorney in due diligence to major pharmaceutical company in order to enforce rights of already existing patents in Mexico
* Over 2 years experience as an associate in the third largest patent boutique in Mexico researching files for litigation issues, practiced Amparo and Constitutional IP Law before Judicial and Administrative Federal Courts and before the MPTO, court appearances representing, patent and agreements.
* Patent drafting, patent translation. Assisted as patent attorney in various transactions such as the buyout of a $100 million pharmaceutical company.
* Currently Managing Partner to Intellectual Property Law firm that provides prosecution and litigation of IP rights and legal and patent translation services.
* Over 2 years experience in trademark availability searches to a top five Global Pharmaceutical Company, NJ, USA.
* Trademark Litigation for clients (associates and corporations) in five continents, August, 2003 present
* Investor-Partner in Mexican Patent Translation company.
* Established relationships with free lance translators from Mexico, Brazil and Spain, creating a translators' network that still operate nowadays.
* Prepared feasibility plans for establishment of annual patent translation plan for Eli Lilly, Co. and two Large Language Service Providers based in New York City.
* Assisted as Patent Translator in translation of Arbitration before the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes to two major Petroleum Companies of Houston, TX.
* Maintain networking relationships with future generation translators in Mexico, Brazil, Spain, USA and Argentina.
* Interact with partners, associates, negotiators, project managers, legal, finance, and third parties to build stronger tools and processes for legal document data management, auditing, and ongoing vendor management.
*Monitor purchase order values to ensure there are adequate funds to support the next quarters spending
*Audit inbound invoices against signed contracts, order forms, and internal monitoring tools to verify that all charges are valid; manage dispute resolutions through to closure with our legal teams and the vendor
Publishing and Conferences
* Publisher of a website featuring original articles on a wide range of Mexican Intelectual Property Law topics.
* Delivered about 1.5K tweets pro bono from @Sergiosilm (September 19, 2017-July 15, 2018) regarding the 2018 Federal Election and Constitutional Law.
* Frequent participant in conferences on foreign and domestic Intellectual Property Law issues; Attended to Anual Meetings of INTA in 2006, Toronto, Canada; 2007, Chicago, USA; 2008, Berlin, Germany.
* Worked on and prepared literature for several political campaigns.
* Co-funder of philanthropic project in Mexico through a Baptist Church.
* Past member of local chapter boards of Mexican Baptist Convention.