S&A's Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Practice Group is up to date in the international public policy issues relating to the regulation, labeling, and trade of international agricultural and pharmaceutical biotechnology products. S&A serves the diverse needs of biotechnology and pharmaceutical enterprises in regulatory affairs, health law, corporate, finance, taxation, international trade, and litigation, in addition to providing patent law counseling.
S&A actively engage in addressing and resolving international regulatory disputes relating to biotech food ingredients and crops.
Firm’s Biotechnology practice include:
- Intellectual property
Preparation and prosecution of Mexican and foreign patent applications in the fields of biotechnology, biochemistry, imaging technology and medical devices. We also provide patentability and Infringement Clearance Searches
Our litigation practice includes patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation cases, antitrust claims brought by both government and private plaintiffs, and significant cases that involve the areas of biotechnology and life science.
- Legislative, public and governmental affairs.
S&A is actively involved in legislative, governmental and public affairs involving biotechnology and life science affairs.
- University licensing
S&A’s has experience with university licensing (National Autonomous University of Mexico, ITESM, CONACYT, Etc.)
- Labor and employment.
S&A represents biotechnology clients in employment law and employment counseling.
- Mergers and acquisitions.
Some of the many issues dealt with under the Convention on Biological Diversity include:
- Measures and incentives for the conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity.
- Regulated access to genetic resources.
- Access to and transfer of technology, including biotechnology.
- Technical and scientific cooperation.
- Impact assessment.
- Education and public awareness.
- Provision of financial resources.
- National reporting on efforts to implement treaty commitments.